Alchemy is online!
Please come join our online community and dance with us. Our online community is set up through Band, which can be accessed on any mobile device or on the website band.us. Our group is named “Alchemy of Movement.” We’re really excited to be offering a full schedule with up to 5 classes per day to keep you fit, healthy, happy and sane, during this tough time.
- When I join Band, how do I find you?
- The link above sends you to our group, but if you haven’t made an account with Band yet, it will prompt you to do that first. If for some reason you have trouble connecting that way, you can always just search for our studio name “Alchemy of Movement.”
- Can I just get the Zoom links from a friend?
- For security reasons we’ll be changing Zoom links & passwords regularly, so the best way for you to join the classes is to just be connected in Band.
- Can I invite friends from out of town?
- Of course! The more the merrier! Just share the Band link with them (band.us/@alchemyofmovement) to connect.
- Where’s the schedule?
- The entire schedule is on Band under the “Events” calendar, links & passwords to the classes are in the description.
- How much are classes?
- We’re offering all of our classes on a donation basis right now, people are donating anywhere between $5-$30 per class depending on their personal situation. Our unlimited monthly pass is $99, so many people are donating the equivalent of that to help support us through the closure.
- Will you pre-record classes?
- Unfortunately not right now. We have some tech & legal issues we have to navigate before we can offer classes pre-recorded. We also really think that during this time, community is everything, so we’re finding it super important to maintain a connection with you!
- Can I donate punch cards?
What is Alchemy of Movement?
Alchemy is an inexplicable or seemingly magical transformation of matter.
In our community, the Alchemy of Movement is how dance transforms us. For some, it’s a physical transformation of the body through physical fitness, strength and flexibility, or the adrenaline rush that we need to get us through the week. For others it’s a transformation of the mind or spirit that comes from freeing the body and getting lost in the music.
Some of us consider ourselves dancers, but this community is mostly just full of adults who like to use dance as a means to stay fit, happy and healthy. Whatever your motivations, you are welcome!
New to Alchemy?
Our intro offer is as good as it gets:
$30 for 30 days of unlimited classes
It’s a great way to check out all the classes and find the right fit for you. Welcome to the family!