Alchemy is Open!
As of June 4th, the state allowed us to open with restrictions. We’re so excited to dance with you again! We will have to change a few things about how we operate, so here’s what you need to know about your first visit back to Alchemy.
Studio Classes: What You Need to Know
A Note From the Owner
June 9th: In studio classes have begun! You can sign up for these classes on Mindbody, they will be labeled as “Studio Classes.” Outdoor classes will be labeled as such. You can also register on our website here. Here are the details!
- Smaller Classes: Classes are capped so we can maintain proper physical distancing, comply with state orders, and create a space that our teachers feel comfortable in.
- Preregistration: You have to register in advance on Mindbody. Online registration closes 1 hour before class starts or when the class is full. Sorry, that means no in person registration!
- Refunds: Late cancelation is less than 24 hours ahead of your class. If you late cancel, there are no refunds. Early cancelation (more than 24 hours in advance) will put your purchase back on your account to be used at a later date.
- Spacing: To keep our distance, we marked boxes on the ground so we’re all at least 6 feet apart.
- First visit back: Arrive 15 minutes early to sign our new waiver and claim a spot to dance.
- Do not be late: We’re sorry, but for safety reasons we will not allow people into the space once class has started. The door will be locked and you will not receive a refund.
- Leave everything at home: Please bring only what you need into the studio (water bottle, yoga mat, mask). Please come in dance clothes, you will not be able to change at the studio.
- Socializing after class: We know you really miss each other and want to catch up, but please do this outside. We cannot admit the next group of dancers until you are out of the studio, so when class is over, please head out quickly!
- Masks: As of July 17th, in order to be in compliance with the state-wide mask mandate, indoor classes will require that you wear a mask while dancing. This mandate is supposed to be temporary, we will update you as things change. Many of our classes have moved outdoors, so make sure you check Mindbody for the up-to-date info.
- Equipment: We’ve removed all shared equipment. If your class typically uses equipment, please bring your own stuff: yoga mats, bands, towels, etc. If you don’t have the right equipment, send us a quick email to and we’ll work something out for you!
- Illness: If you even think you might be sick, please don’t come to in person classes. Furthermore, please stay home if you have been in contact with someone who has had COVID-19 in the past 2 weeks.
- Pricing: Since headcount is limited for the foreseeable future, we’re having to change pricing for in person classes. $20 for non-members, included for members. No punch cards will be sold at this time. Join our membership here!
I first want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for sticking with us and supporting us through the COVID closure. So many of you continued to pay for classes even though we were dancing from home and working on a donation system. Many of you contributed even more than was expected. I thank you all for your kindness, generosity, and love for this place and the people who make it a home. I’ve certainly learned that this is not just a “dance studio” or “fitness center.” It’s because of your generosity that we’re opening again today.
I know that these changes will be hard adjustments for all of us. It’s never really been our “vibe” to require sign ups or lock the door or even charge $20 for a class. But, if we want to be here for the long haul, we have to make some changes. We’re hoping they’ll be temporary, but we want you to know that we’re doing everything in our power to keep you dancing, happy, and healthy. We hope that you will continue to dance and support each other. We need our community now more than ever.